- Improving pupils knowledge of a healthy lifestyle
- Increasing pupils physical activity levels
- Improving pupils enjoyment of physical activity.
The photos show pupils from Year 5 playing handball during the last day of the project. In all PE lessons there are always important rules to develop such as the understanding of the sport rules, fair play, helping others and the team and respecting each other. The aim was also to encourage players to exercise and improve lifestyles by being healthy and active through sports.
The programme was divided into two sections:
- Healthy lifestyles enrichment project: the students spend 6 weeks in the classroom doing workshops sessions with the coach on Healthy Living covering diet, nutrition and hydration. We gathered feedback during the last lesson to summarise all the knowledge development during the project.
- PE sports sessions: after the workshops in classroom, students had another 6 weeks to play different sports, linked to the national curriculum, as football, dodgeball and handball. Everyone took part and participated in the PE lessons with the most important thing being fair play whilst participating in sports and competition. The children worked individually and cooperated as a team taking challenges to improve themselves.