Good morning Year 6!
Remember to send any work to us at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing photographs of your work.
9 - 9.30
1st lesson: Numeracy
Watch the video, then download the activities and complete them. You can then check your work against the answers.
Don't forget to send us your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd lesson: Literacy
1) Who are the central characters?
2) Where are they? What is it like there?
How do you know?
3) What does the name of the building ‘Spectrum Hall Academy for Challenging Children’, suggest about the narrator?
4) Does the character seem 'challenging' from what you have read so far? Do you get the impression that they belong at the Academy?
5) What do the use of the words ‘warden’ and the phrases ‘locked shut with an electronic keypad’ and ‘cameras on the ceiling’ suggest about this place?
6) Why do you think the narrator might be in this place?
7) What do you understand by the phrase ‘Quarantine Zone’? What might this suggest about the action that might take place in the story?
8) Talk about how this story opening makes you feel and what you like or dislike about it.
9) Does it remind you of anything you know in stories or real life?
3rd lesson: Spanish
Watch this video first: