Riyadh wrote down many of the points the group made when we looked at the paintings:
- old and young people can paint
- there is lots of colour in these paintings - orange, red, blue- and she has used a lot of paint, layers on top of layers. It is thrown and spread about over the canvas.
- Has she seen the work of the famous American painter Jackson Pollock? His work is called 'Action Painting'. He paints walking about and moves his arms with wide sweeps.
- Aelita puts real shoes (hers?) in many of her paintings. They are side by side, looking as though she has just stepped out of them. Why?
- painterly, energetic, lively, magnificent, extreme