We discussed and agreed a way of identifying the two types of question and we made a list of the features.
Later, we explored the question ‘Is it ok to bully a bully?’ as part of our PHSE unit of work on Anti-bullying.
Here are some of the key ideas and opinions that the children shared:
- First of all, you need to check whether it is bullying. You need to use STOP to check whether it is…STOP is Several Times On Purpose.
- It is never ok to bully a bully. We need to stop bullying behaviour – not copy the bullying behaviour.
- It is not ok to bully a bully because Allah said to be kind to everyone and not harm anyone.
- But if you believe in a different religion or no religion then you might be taught something different.
- All religion teaches peace so people should all be peaceful.
- …bullying behaviour can be like a domino – you do it then someone else copies you and then someone else copies them…
- You might think you are only doing it once to teach the bully a lesson but it can turn into a habit.
- You won’t want someone to do it to you so don’t do it to them.
- Later on in life, you may be ashamed of your actions if you bully.