Thank you year 3s for continuously putting in so much effort into your learning. And, also a HUGE thank you to mummies, daddies and carers for supporting the children with their learning. Take a glimpse of some of the amazing work from Yusuf K, Surah, Sahra and Zakariya. Remember, if you would like to send work in, email us at: email@example.com (remember to write your name!).
1) Warm-up: Download the sheet and have a go at answering these questions on place value.
a. Order these numbers from smallest to largest.
Let’s take a look at: 49 – 18 =
First, think of a story you can tell about the number sentence.
For example: I have 49 pencils and I give 18 to my best friend. How many pencils do I have left?
Then, try to visualise (picture) the question:
3) Have a go at these questions using a number line:
a. 44 – 15 =
b. 55 – 23 =
c. Jo buys 106 chairs and puts 77 in the lunch hall.
How many chairs does she have left?
d. 142 – 78 =
e. A train took 169 passengers on Monday and 56
passengers on Tuesday. How many more passengers
travelled on Monday than on Tuesday?
Challenge: 423 – 154 =
Finally, draw a number line and follow the instructions below:
1) Let’s continue to practise our Jarman handwriting. Download the sheet. Slowly and carefully, trace over the letters to practise horizontal joins to other small letters. Then, continue writing your own. Focus on the joins and the space between each letter.
3) Download the sheets. Look at the illustration below. What do you see, think and wonder? Use these sentence starters to help you explain.
4) Can you remember the 4 sentence types we use in writing? Watch this video to remind yourself.
Welcome back! What did you eat for lunch today? We hope it was healthy and delicious!
Let’s practise breathing calmly because we know this really helps make us feel calm and relaxed. Click on the video, listen and follow the instructions.
Well done for working so hard today and every day! Remember to give yourself a pat on the back.
Today’s story, Super Duper You, is written and illustrated by Sophy Henn. Click on the video to listen to Sophy read the story. After, grab a pencil or pen and some paper to draw one of the characters from the story.
Have a safe and restful weekend! See you next week for another fun week of learning! Adiós!