PE with Joe Wicks
Jasminara, Nasima and Louise's groups
1. Read an Ananse Story
• Read Why Pig Has a Short Snout.
• How does it compare to the other Ananse story you read? What is similar? What is different? Which do you prefer? Why?
2. Make a summary of the story
• Use words and pictures to make a summary of the story on Story Summary.
• Try using your summary to help you to tell the story to somebody else.
3. Learn about conjunctions for time, place and cause.
• Use the PowerPoint 2 or Revision Card to learn about using conjunctions for time, place and cause.
• Complete Conjunctions for Time, Place and Cause 1 and 2.
Share your answers with a grown-up. They can check the answers to part 1 at the end of this pack and you can read them your sentences for part 2 to check that they make sense.
Try these Fun-Time Extras
• Can you make an illustration for either of the stories about Ananse that you have read?
• Can you design an Ananse character? How would you show his characteristics in your design?
• Can you write sentences about yourself, using conjunctions to join clauses?
Vicky and Bonnie's group
1. Read and listen to the rest of the story (48.54 minutes- until the end)
2. If you haven’t been able to read, watch or listen to the whole book read the summary of events in the story (below).
Use the story prompts to structure your story which will focus on an animal family and their enemies. I have put a template below that you can follow to create a plan.
Nasima, Jasminara and Louise's groups
Watch the video - remember to pause it whenever they ask a question to give you some thinking time. Watch it again if you would like to. Then click on 'Get the Activity' to complete your work. When you have checked it, click on 'Get the Answers' to see what you get correct and what you need to work on.
Vicky and Bonnie's groups
Hola! We learned the song ‘En la Granja de mi Tio’ in class. Here it is again; Sing along!
Use this video to review the Farm Animals.
The lyrics to the video are in
the images in the link below.