PE with Joe Wicks
Jasminara, Nasima and Louise's groups
1. Imagine how characters might react
• Read Messenger’s Proclamation.
• In the story this proclamation is read to Mufaro, Manyara and Nyasha.
How do you think they will react?
If you were in the story, how would you react?
2. Read the next part of the story
• Read Manyara’s Journey to find out what happened to her after she had heard the proclamation.
• Write down what you would have done, with each of the people that she met.
3. Listen to the whole story being read.
• Listen to this reading of the whole story.
• Answer the Story Questions.
4. Think about the character of the King
• Write notes around The King. What do we know about him from the story? What do you think about him? Was he fair?
Vicky and Bonnie's Groups
- Please listen to Oti Mabuse read the story Please Mrs Butler by Allan Ahlberg.
- After you listen to the story you need to answer the questions.
Nasima, Louise and Jasminara's groups
Click on the link below and watch carefully to the explantation. Remember to pause the video if it asks you a question to give you some thinking time. Watch it more than once if you need to.
Once you feel confident, practise on the BBC website by clicking on the link below.
Vicky and Bonnie's groups
Then click on 'Get the Activity' to answer the questions. Check your answers at the end by clicking on 'Get the Answers' - check what mistakes you made so you can learn from them next time.
Ruby loves being Ruby. Until, one day, she finds a worry. At first it's not such a big worry, and that's all right, but then it starts to grow. It gets bigger and bigger every day and it makes Ruby sad. How can Ruby get rid of it and feel like herself again?
Sit back and enjoy the performance by clicking on the YouTube link below!
Remember - to complete the 'What does you Worry look like?' activity, you don't need to print the page, just use a blank sheet of paper. We would love to see your work so please do email it through.