Here is today's timetable:
Lesson 1: PE
Lesson 2: Maths
Break: Time for another brain break. Go grab yourself a drink and talk to someone about how you’re doing! Remember to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds before getting something to eat or after going to the toilet!
Break time activity:
Read the poem 'I stuck my finger up my nose' by Kenn Nesbitt.
Lesson 3: Literacy
Today, we are going to focus on the lower case 'a'. Follow these rules to help you:
- rugby ball shape
- flat top so you can do a hand stand
- serif at the end
- for lowercase 'a' start on the imaginary line (half way through the line)
Once you have finished, practice these letters next. Remember to keep on trying!
Lunch time activity:
The car company 'Mini' has created some fun activities for children, including making your own Mini car. Click here to download the work booklet.
Lesson 4: Science
- The answer is A. Most brains weigh about 1.3kg - that's just a little bit less than the weight of a big bag of sugar!
- The answer is B.
- The answer is C. Cleaning the blood is just one of the 500 jobs that your liver does... that's a lot of jobs!
- The answers are both B and C. Alcohol damages brain cells and it can also harm the liver and heart if a person drinks too much.
- All three answers are correct - A, B and C! Cigarettes can damage the lungs from the build-up of tar and gases. Nicotine, the drugs in cigarettes, causes the heart to beat faster and can even cause heart disease. Plus, there are over 4,000 chemicals in cigarette smoke which travel round in the blood stream, taking the place of oxygen which the body really needs.
End of the day: Story time with Ryan T.Higgins
You all have been working extremely hard this week. Have a restful weekend and we will see you here on Monday.