PE with Joe Wicks
Jasminara, Nasima and Louise's groups
1. Read the poem: ‘All Creatures’
• Read All Creatures. Read it in your head at first and then read it out loud. Try to find the rhythm of the poem as you read.
• Think about the poem. What do you like about it? Is there anything that you dislike? Does it remind you of anything or anyone? What patterns can you find? (Look for rhyme and alliteration).
2. Remind yourself about Noun Phrases
• Use the Revision Card to remind yourself about noun phrases.
• Complete Spotting Noun Phrases. Highlight the noun phrase and underline the head noun.
Well done! Explain your answers to a grown-up. You can check them together at the end of this pack.
3. Plan and write a poem with noun phrases.
• Follow the instructions on the Poem Planner to plan a poem called ‘All Animals’.
• Write your finished poem out carefully.
When you have finished your poem, share it with a grown-up.
Try the Fun-Time Extras
Illustrate your poem.
Can you practise performing your poem? Could you record and send your performance to somebody?
Vicky and Bonnie's group
Adjectives are describing words. They give more information about a person or thing. First, click the link below which will remind you what an adjective is.
Watch and read the first chapter of Fantastic Mr. Fox and see if you can find the adjectives used to describe Boggis, Bunce and Bean.
Nasima, Jasminara and Louise's groups
Watch the video - remember to pause it whenever they ask a question to give you some thinking time. Watch it again if you would like to. Then click on 'Get the Activity' to complete your work. When you have checked it, click on 'Get the Answers' to see what you get correct and what you need to work on.
Vicky and Bonnie's groups
Watch the video - remember to pause it whenever they ask a question to give you some thinking time. After you have watched the video, click on 'Get the Activity' to complete your work. When you have checked it, click on 'Get the Answers' to see what you get correct and what you need to work on. Don't worry if you find this challenging. Do the best that you can!
Read through the powerpoint presentation to learn facts about vertebrates and then complete the flow chart and write the name of the correct vertebrate into it.