Enjoy stretching in the world of blocks!
Lets warm up:
Remember to also spend at least 20 minutes completing activities on Mathletics, as well as practising your times tables on Times Tables Rock Stars.
Colouring is a good way of being kind to yourself, as it helps you relax.
Give this poster to someone you care about and it can also be a kind gift.
- Read these three stories from Africa:
- How are these stories similar to yesterdays stories?
- How are these stories different ?
- Which two stories would you say are most alike? Why?
- Which two are most different? Why?
- Watch "Yes, Sir Chief" again (1:03 to 5:45)
- Make a list of all the things that the story-teller does to make the story interesting.
- Pick your favourite story from today or yesterday.
- There are 8 to choose from - yesterday's stories can be seen here:
- Next, make a Storyboard for your chosen story-use words and pictures in the boxes to show what happens.
- After that, practice telling your story out loud again and again.
- What techniques can you use to make it interesting?
- Share your story-telling with somebody else- you could make a recording and send it to them.
- Teach your story to somebody else. Show them your storyboard and teach them how to use it to tell the story. Show them how to keep the story interesting.
If you don't have access to a computer reading a magazine or a newspaper counts too!
- a piece of A4 paper
- pencil or blank pen
- colouring pencils or pens if you wish
Well done for working so hard today, we hope you’ve had a good day!
Now its time to enjoy a story about kindness with Pat Zietlow Miller.
If you have any questions or would like to send your brilliant work for us to see, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (don't forget to include your name on the email so we know who it is from!)
See you tomorrow for another day of great home learning, have a lovely evening!