PE with Joe
Jasminara, Nasima and Louise's groups
1. Read a set of instructions
• Watch the reading of Zoo by Anthony Browne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07u0AggVsg
• What do you like about the story? Is there anything that you dislike about it? Does it remind you of anything that has happened to you? Does it remind you of any books that you have read?
2. Remind yourself about adverbials
• Use the PowerPoint teaching adverbials to understand how to use these. Or, if this is not possible, remind yourself using the Revision Card.
• Complete Zoo Adverbials. You could challenge yourself to write two new versions of each sentence. Can you change the emotion by the adverbials that you add?
3. Now for some writing
• Think about a day out for you. Talk to someone about a daytrip that you would REALLY like to have. Be as imaginative and fantastic as you want!
• Write about what you would do. Use adverbials in some sentences.
Well done! Share your writing with a grown-up. Show them the adverbials that you have included in your writing.
Try the Fun-Time Extras
• Can you find some more stories by Anthony Browne?
• Can you find out some information about Anthony Browne? You could start here: http://www.anthonybrownebooks.com/
Vicky and Bonnie's groups
- Read King Midas and the Golden Touch. How would you describe the character of King Midas? What would you have asked for as a reward for helping the satyr?
- Make a summary of the story. (You are retelling the story in your own words)
- Use words and pictures on Story Summary to show the main events of the story.
- Use your Story Summary to help you to tell the story to somebody else.
- Challenge: Can you include direct speech in your summary?
Nasima, Louise and Jasminara's groups
Watch the video to remind you of the different methods to help you do this - remember to pause the video if it asks you a question to give you some thinking time. Watch it more than once if you would like.
Then click on 'BBC Bitesize' for activities and to get the questions. Check your answers at the end by scrolling to the bottom of the PDFs - check what mistakes you made so you can learn from them next time.
Vicky and Bonnie's groups
Complete the activities in the link below. Once you have finished, ask an adult to go through the answers with you.
Have you been practising your Spanish? Do you remember your farm animals? How many can you list before watching the video?
Listen to this video to review the animals! Try writing the animals you might find in farm!
Write a poem with the farm animals you heard in the video.