A little bit of yoga to refresh and ground. A kick start so you can feel good and have an awesome day!
Lets warm up:
Today we are focusing on the ear sound. Watch the video below and join in, saying the sounds loud and clearly.
- First, look at this photo "Fox in the Snow"
- Next, write three descriptive sentences of the photo - remember the different tools you have to do this-can you include... exciting adjectives, interesting verbs, fronted adverbials...
- Think about the colour and size of the fox and his different body parts.
Without blinking, the fiery-orange fox sat in the deep, white snow.
- After that, watch this video about foxes and concentrate on how the fox moves.
- Next write three descriptive sentences about how a fox moves.
As quick as a flash, the fiery-orange fox leaped through the long, green grass.
- Now, read the poem "First Fox" and use the Visual Dictionary to help you understand any vocabulary.
- Look at the "Secret Strings." The same colour highlighted words or sounds are linked to each other and are explained underneath.
- Can you see the links that have been spotted?
- Finally, read the poem "The Fox" and highlight any "Secret Strings" you can find in it.
- Can you make an illustration for one of these poems?
- Can you write your own poem about foxes?
If you don't have access to a computer reading a magazine or a newspaper counts too!
Riddle: What are the next two letters? J, F, M, A, M, J .....
Answer at the end of the day!
Today we are going to learn about Optical Art.
Have fun and send us pictures of your fantastic Op Art!
Well done for working so hard today, we hope you’ve had a good day!
Answer to the riddle: J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A
Each letter is a month of the year!
Now it is time to sit back and relax and enjoy listening to the wonderful story "I am Human" by Susan Verde.
If you have any questions or would like to send your brilliant work for us to see, email us at email@example.com (don't forget to include your name on the email so we know who it is from!)
See you tomorrow for another day of great home learning, have a lovely evening!