This week, you will have an online assembly with your class teacher using Google Meet. To understand how to use this, it is important you watch and listen carefully to Dan's video. If you cannot remember your school's username or password, or have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to help you.
Lesson 1: PE with Joe
Lesson 2: Maths
Time for another brain break. Go grab yourself a drink and talk to someone about how you’re doing! Remember to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds if you’re getting something to eat or after going to the toilet.
Break time activity (click here to download the activity booklet):
Lesson 3: Literacy
- Read Ananse, the forgetful guest Part 1. This is the start of a story about Ananse. The story is from West Africa. Ananse is half-man, half-spider. What could you say about Ananse’s character?
- What do you think could happen in the second part of the story? Will Ananse get to eat? How might that happen?
- Use Story Summary and Predictions to show your idea. Use words and pictures in the first three boxes to tell what has happened so far. Use the next three boxes to tell what you think might happen next.
Try this Fun-Time Extras
- Can you make up a play about this part of the story? Write lines for Ananse, the king and the servants.
- Can you make an illustration for this part of the story?
- Can you write a description about what you would like to feast on if you had been journeying for days?
It’s time to relax. First things first, remember to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds before you eat! What will you be devouring for lunch today? Something mouth-watering and deliciously healthy?
Lunch time activity:
Have a go at creating these paper plate Llama's (click here for more details).
Lesson 4: Science
End of the day: Story time - Trombone
Remember you should be aiming to read for at least 20-30 minutes every day, either on Active Learn (Bug Club) or with a book. You can also access online books on the school's Home Learning Page under 'Reading at Home'. Click on the image below to take a look.
See you tomorrow for another day of learning!