Remember to take a rest or sip of water if you need one.
When you are finding 1000 more or less, only the thousands column changes.
Watch this short video to recap finding 1000 more or less than a given number.
Can you find the 12 words hidden in the word search? Download the word search and have a go.
Warm-up: Download the sheet.
- Both feet firmly on the ground
- Chair tucked in
- Back nice and straight
- One hand holding a pen/ pencil, the other holding down the sheet
1) Read a story
- Read Ananse and the Pot of Wisdom (pages 2-3).
- How would you describe the character of Ananse? Can you make up three sentences to describe him? Do you think what happened to him was fair? Why?
- Use words and pictures to put the story on Story Summary (page 4).
- Try using your summary to help you tell the story to somebody else.
- Watch some more stories about Ananse. He appears in lots of stories.
| || |
Which is your favourite and why?
Click here to download the activity sheets below!
Today, we are going to create a flip book, which is a booklet with lots of images that very gradually change from one page to the next. When the pages are viewed in quick succession, the images appear to ‘come alive’ (animate).
- sticky notepad OR lots of scrap paper cut into similar sizes
- sellotape OR a large paper clip to hold the pieces of paper together
- pencil or pen
IDEAS for your flip book
Think of something that can move from left to right or up and down (without having to draw many complicated movements). For example:
It's been a very long day and you're probably not used to a full day of learning yet having spent the last two weeks taking a long brain break! Well done for trying and not giving up today. Now, it’s time to unwind and listen to today’s story, The Right One written and illustrated by Violeta Noy. Click on the video to listen to the story.