Here is today's timetable:
PE with Joe Wicks
Watch the video on White Rose Home learning - year 4 - Week 10: Number: Multiplication and Division LESSON 1 (multiply by 10) to remind you of the different methods to help you do this - remember to pause the video when it asks you a question to give you some thinking time. Watch it more than once if you would like.
Joke: What did the policeman say to his tummy?
Answer: Freeze. You’re under a vest.
Remember, if you have any questions or would like to send your work for us to see or tell us funny jokes, email us at: email@example.com (don't forget to include your name on the email so we know who it's from!)
For today's phonics lesson we are going to review on the 'ck' sound. Watch the video below and have a go.
- Read Ananse, the forgetful guest – Part 2 (page 2-3). This is the end of the story we began yesterday. How does this ending compare with the ending that you predicted?
- Re-write each of the sentences from Ananse Adverbials (page 5) with a new adverbial. You can use the adverbial bank (page 8) to remind yourself of words you can use to start the adverbial.
- You could challenge yourself to write two new versions for each sentence.
Try these Fun-Time Extras
- Can you write a playscript for this part of the story? You could act it out with other people in your house, or with toys.
- Can you make an illustration of Ananse in his farm clothes when everyone else was dressed for celebration?
Riddle: It’s good to stretch me and push my limits. The more you use me, the stronger I get. When I am sharp, I at my best. What am I?
(The answer will be revealed at the end of the day...)
Remember you should be aiming to read for at least 20-30 minutes every day, either on Active Learn (Bug Club) or with a book.
Have a lovely evening and see you tomorrow for another day of learning.
(The answer to lunch time’s riddle is…YOUR BRAIN!)