Buenos Dias Year 6!
We're really enjoying see all your hard work; remember, you can send us any questions that you have or send photos of your work to us at the Year 6 email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . We also would like to remind you that you do not have to send us only responses that are written on the computer, we are very happy to see photographs of your written work on paper too!
1st lesson: Numeracy
Watch the video, then download the activities and complete them. You can then check your work against the answers.
2nd lesson: Literacy
- Describe the dark sky at night, the full moon and the clouds.
- Describe the beam of light shining from the lighthouse.
- Describe the lighthouse keeper, what he looks like, his room and what he is doing.
- Describe his annoyance at the noisy villagers below.
- Everyone's shock at the light going out.
- The light keeper's response and his efforts to fix it, before hearing the horn of the ship and realising that ship is in danger.
-The thoughts that are running through his mind after he breaks the lantern.
-His feelings as he sees the villagers.
- The beautiful glow of all their lamps together.
Here is a lovely example of a descriptive sentence, written by another school, describing the light going out:
"Suddenly, the bright lighthouse flickered away to darkness. Astonished, horrified and confused the villagers froze: they froze with no idea of what had happened... "
3rd lesson: Science
Let's recap our knowledge of adaptation.
1) Follow the link below to watch the video and read the explanation of adaptation. Then complete the activity.