Before we start, let's have a go at Emma's PE challenge!
1st lesson: Numeracy
2nd lesson: Literacy
1) Use See, Think and Wonder to explore this image.
Write down your first impressions, responding to the questions below:
- - What do you see? Here are sentence starters to help you:
- What do you think?
-Do you think it is real or imagined?
- Does it remind you of anything you have seen before?
- What questions does it raise for you?
- Using your knowledge of other stories, you have read, or films or television programmes you have seen, consider what kind of story this might be.
- What predictions do you have? To help your prediction, think about:
-What does the image suggest about what might happen in the story?
-Where do you think the story might take place?
This image is called 'The Piano'. Read this short extract. We love how the author has developed the piano as the main character. Objects can also be characters!
Can you draw a picture of the last person to play the piano?
Can you draw a picture of the person who will play it next?
3rd lesson: Science
Click on the link below to watch the BBC Bitesize video clip on reflection.
After reading through the slideshow have a go at the following activity:
Investigate all the reflections you can see in your home.
What equipment will you need?
How will you record the reflections you find?
Use annotated ray diagrams to help explain your observations. Remember a ray diagram shows the possible paths light can take to get from one place to another. (This is usually from the light source or object to an observer - you).