Click on the link below and get creative:
1st lesson: Numeracy
2nd lesson: Literacy
This lesson includes:
- two videos of actor and TV presenter Stephen Fry reading extracts from the book
Percy Jackson And The Lightning ThiefPercy Jackson and the Lightning Thief is written in the first person and is narrated by Percy Jackson, a twelve-year-old boy diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. While on a school trip to a museum, strange things begin to happen, and Percy learns that he is a demigod – the son of a human and a Greek god.
Watch actor and TV presenter Stephen Fry read an extract from Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief.
Think about the following:
- What do you notice about this style of writing?
- What impression do you have of Percy so far?
- What do you think about this as an opening for a book?
- What do you notice about the language in this extract?
- What happens to Percy’s pen?
- Do you think Percy feels confident?
- Do you think Percy was responsible for what happens?
3rd lesson: History
1) First you need to:
Log on to Espresso.
You must log on first before you click the link below to read through the factfile.
End of the day
You are at Tottenham Court Road.
What line/s would you take to get to Green Park?
Where would you change?