First there are some printable activities on the Pokémon website, which includes: quizzes, mazes, word searches, colouring pages and origami.
Click on the link below.
What else have we got lined up for you today?
1st lesson: Numeracy
Click the button to take you straight to the lesson which, like yesterday is divided into 4 sections:
- an introductory quiz
- a video with a teacher (not from our school) who introduces the lesson
- the main independent task which shows you a number of slides with different equivalent fraction questions
- a quiz at the end of the lesson to show how much you have learnt from today's lesson or rather how much you have refreshed your memory on what you already know.
2nd lesson: Literacy
In this session, we are going to consider the importance of fluency and expression when we read.
1. Begin by reading Miroslav Holub’s poem The Door.
2. Now, listen to these two contrasting performances:
Listen to this first version. Are there any words or phrases that catch your attention? If there are any words, you don't know the meaning of, write them down and see if you can work out the meaning.
3. How does this next version differ? Decide which reading you prefer and why and jot down your response.
a. What did you like about the poem? What was your favourite line and why?
b. How did the poem make you feel?
c. Which line in the poem did you find the most interesting and why?
d. Are there any parts of the poem that leave you with unanswered questions?
e. What questions would you like to ask the poet, Miroslav Holub?
★ Decide how you would perform this out loud and have a go at performing at home.
3rd lesson: Spanish
How many animals do you know?