Hello Year 6!
Please ensure you are actively using Mathletics and Active Learn (Bug Club) for at least 3o minutes each day. This is in addition to the home learning activities we have set on the blog.
Before we start today's activities, we thought you might find this news item interesting after all the work we have done in Literacy about rotating galaxies, the swirls of Saturn and exploding supernova's in the infinite universe!
P.E. with Joe Wicks
1st lesson: Literacy
Read the text at least twice. As you read the first time, visualise what is happening by creating mental images in your head; feel free to annotate. Absorb the language and as you do so, highlight any key words/phrases that stand out.
Now read for a second time, for understanding. Remember to use our reading strategies to help your understanding of the text. If you don't understand a word, read around the word to help you make meaning. Can you find a smaller word within the tricky word to help you make meaning?
- What problem did Boyan Slat identify whilst on holiday?
- What does Boyan Slat mean by the ‘Power of the Sea’?
- What solution did Boyan Slat come up with?
- Boyan Slat’s is a very determined young man. List at least two impressions of him. you get from the text. Use evidence to justify your points.
- Summarize the problems that plastic may cause to the sea.
- If we reduce the amount of plastic we use, if we walk instead of using a car for a healthier environment, if we use electricity efficiently, then we will help reduce Climate Change, protect our planet from the greatest threat it has ever faced and save our dear Earth.
We'd love to read your sentences later on today! Do remember to email them to us.